Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bolivia vs. Mexico: A Visual Comparison

Copacabana, Lake Titicaca Bolivia vs. Mexico City.
They both have amazing history and character. I have so many steeple pictures it's hard to chose.
But these two have the same sky!


Young girls in both countries doing dances of their history with
bright colored beautiful dresses.
 
 
It's strange how similar these two entryways are. The top photo is my personal favorite.

Doors! Oh the beautiful doors! The one on the right is my chosen winner. But both countries have such unique styles.

Women use whatever skills they have to make money.
A lot of the time it means making hats or sweaters to sell.

Morning flowers bright and fare, make me stop from rising the stair.
Make me focus my camera and sigh a breath, for the beauty in these flowers goes beyond trouble or wealth.
It's worth it to stop for a shot like this, to search for the small and intricate bliss.


Outdoor markets with red tarps. The markets are fun and it's
private business so I really like supporting them.
Sometimes you get a deal, mostly on fresh fruits and veggies.

Mount Ilimani in Lapaz vs. Smoggy McSmoggerson in Mexico City.
Smog ruins everything. Only white top mountain and there's smog messin up my shot.
Bolivia definately wins this one! I have a special place in my heart for that mountain that
I woke up to every morning out my window in Lapaz.
 
Dangerous and ghetto fair rides. See previous blog post.


Beautiful historic buildings.
Government building in Lapaz vs. Palace Museum of the Arts building in
Centro Historico Mexico City. Mexico wins this one for me.
 
My girl playing in front of beautiful churches with all of their character and charm. Lucky girl she is.

Temples. OLD temples. Bolivia's Tiahuanaco pre-Incan ruins vs. Teotihuacan
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teotihuacan



Wall art expressing their love for their country and the struggles from their history.
 
Volkswagen beatles. They sure do take nice pictures don't they?
 

2 comments:

  1. awesome! Its like a college art project... Similarities and differences. Very fun to see. Love you lots. Thanks for sharing.
    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and seeing how similar they are but oh how there so very different

    ReplyDelete