Friday, January 25, 2013

TANGLED in ribbon and glue.

Tangled Party for Sally's 4th Birthday

Her first birthday party with friends.
Her birthday is on Christmas
so we did this party 2 1/2 weeks after.
This is our day in pictures. 



To get the kids to the party I researched on Pinterest
Tangled Party and Rapunzel Invitations.
I did what I could with the materials here in Mexico
But I still loved how they turned out.
And of course they are in spanish. It says:
Come Let Your Hair Down
We are Celebrating the birthday of
Sally Keillor
January 19, 3pm-7pm
There will be games, piƱata, cake and fun
In Sally's Tower




SO EXCITED FOR HER PARTY!! She wanted to leave the couch in the middle
to lay on while the guests arrived. We had to kindly tell her no and do it in a
way that made her think the other location was her idea. Just to avoid a fit.
These flags were cut out from a plastic table cloth to save money. Each Star
was cut our from a yellow piece of paper after copying it from a stencil. I suggest
making a stencil and painting each star yellow to save cutting time.
Get the sun pattern here
 
 
   
I bought these little tiarras from the dollar section and painted
them with purple nail polish. Then I braided the yard to the
 crown. I packaged the flowers separate for the girls to create
 their own project at the party.





I downloaded a lot of pictures from the internet and had to chose carefully because a lot of them had very low pixel counts and turned out poorly. I printed coloring sheets for the kids and had to only choose one. Make sure you find a good site with high resolution. These Flynn posters turned out great. I cut out the noses and the kids were blind folded one by one and played "Pin the nose on Flynn Rider." They had so much fun.




Our transformed driveway/courtyard.
The couch was from the guy upstairs!
The pillows were from the apartment next
door. They matched our decor perfectly!

The Rapunzel Frying pan plates were so cute.
Click here: how to make the frying pans 

The tower was made of cocoa crispies.
The roof was an ice cream cone with white chocolate.
The fondant was matched to hang over as a roof.
The river was cream cheese frosting with
cocoa crispy pebbles in the stream.
The flowers were the same as the ones
that were in Sally's hair. 

Marshmallow fondant from scratch Recipe Here
and lemon/raspberry pound cake Recipe Here
I used pound cake so I could carve the hills easily.




This was the courtyard right before it was invaded by
people and food. Each flag above was cut out from a
plastic tablecloth and each star was hand cut from paper all
by my friend. We hung them on plastic ribbon with staples.

This dress was the second one. If you noticed in the first
picture she was wearing a different one. The mother who
borrowed us the dress, showed up before the party and gave
Sally her very own dress... I cried, I was so happy!


Figuring our her new dress. 

Waiting for her friends to show up after
being dressed up already for 3 hours

Paint like Rapunzel

The Magic Flower

She insisted on posing this way

Excited about the cake and presents




These are stinkin adorable.
Rapunzel and Flynn's boat on the water

In Mexico it is customary to sing a little song about biting
into the cake. Then you say "again, again!" and then a brave
adult pushes your head into the cake. You
can see Doug's hand is smashing poor little Rapunzel into
her Marshmallow Fondant. She didn't mind :)

Rapunzel's Paint brushes. I loved the look of these.
And they tasted DELICIOUS. Colored white Chocolate
in the colors of Rapunzel and Pascal

Happy Girl, Happy mama. I was so
excited for this party and it turned out
PERFECTLY!! 



4 comments:

  1. You are the cutest mom EVER!!!! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this party is amazing! Good job with all the favors and Sally looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool party! I miss reading your updates...Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is to good and informative where i like to discuss about this in my blog thanks for sharing.
    Wedding Cakes Singapore

    ReplyDelete