Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Casa Hogar

Lupita, Mariana, Adriana, Fernanda, Natalia, Wendy
It was fun meeting the girls I'm going to work with yesterday. They are fun energetic kids. Three 2 year olds, an almost 4 year old and her baby sister Adriana 1 yr. It was kind of chaotic yesterday, just trying to keep them all at a table to learn so we just ran around and played on their ghetto slide. We were pretending to be animals and played Ring-Around-The-Rosie (which I hate singing thanks to my 7th grade science teacher who told me the meaning of the song). But they loved it. Today I brought crayons and coloring pages for them to color. But when I got there ALL of the kids from 2-13 wanted to color. So I included them for a while and spoke a lot of spanish with them. I taught some English words to the figures in the Color books too. I sang to them a spanish worship song that I know and they loved it. I did take a lot of pictures today but per the discretion of my husband the fact that I don't have permission from the parents I'll just post one. Of the class. :) They are really warming up to me. Today Lupita ran to me and Mariana cried and held onto me when I was leaving. The baby kept me running today and we just read a couple of books again today and I spilled water on the desks for them to splash in. We washed our hands a lot to encourage hiegene. They are very dirty kids so if I can at least teach them at daycare to wash their hands and face that'll make me feel good. They all seem to have the same runny nose and some have coughs. So this is a good step for them. Mostly we just run up and down the slide and sing. But it's fun and I am happy. More information on the girls home to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment