Monday, October 1, 2012

...Hello Blessings

We left MN Tuesday morning. The plane rides were quick and Sally is a wonderful traveler. She had a great attitude and watched Brave on the second flight to distract her for a while. Doug had a migraine and was sick on the airplane so I needed Sally to be distracted since I was the one keeping her still. We arrived around 3pm and got all our bags this time. All 4 suitcases. Phew. Good thing for those carts. Our Taxi took us to our Hotel, Holiday Inn Coyoacan. So nice, just like America. Then after a quick nap we got a taxi to take us to 2 apartments. The first one had a perfect location, quiet, children everywhere playing soccer in the ally and a little 6 year old neighbor girl who literally screamed 'mama! Una niƱa!' Mama a girl a girl! The house had 2 rooms, no laundry, no rugs, tile floors, small courtyard. It was nice. But the second one was amazing! It was the same price, newly rennovated, looks like ikea, seriously. And it's safe; Dead bolted street door, then deadbolted front door that is only to be opened with a key, not a lever. So sally can't get out, open it or sleepwalk out of it. (She doesn't sleepwalk but as you can imagine I've come up with scenarios in my head of ways that I could lose my daughter in Mexico). The house has 2 bedrooms. 2 bathrooms, outdoor laundry room, back porch so I can grow vegetables and the landlord is a christian. We told him we wanted it right away and moved in the next day. Rolando (the landlord) brought Doug around the town to show him where things are and Doug asked him about churches. He said he'd bring us to his churches. Which he did. The first was a conservative baptist church with all of those songs we learn in my hymnal growing up. And the second was a mega church with songs that Doug knew from living in Argentina. Both were great experiences for us and Sally. The kids program was bigger and more organized at the mega church but both were worth it. We also have found a school for Sally and today was her first day. It's right around the corner from our house and she will be there from 8 to 230 everyday! I don't know what I'm going to do with all of my free mommy time. I miss her already. The school is expensive but it's close to home and safe. So it's worth going into some debt. I just can't believe it's such a long day for such a little one. The first week on the way home from the church our landlord took us around our town and drove past an orphanage (he didn't know I was looking) and it happens to be right down the same street that we live on. It's about 8 blocks but hey, it's closer than from MN. Yay! I'm excited to go there and apply to volunteer. Doug will walk with me tomorrow I hope. Blessings upon blessings. And as I wrote on my mom's fb last week, "all of the prayers that you people are praying are being answered exactly as we need, exactly. Thank you!" We have found a safe neighborhood, a nice house, a safe school for sally, a place with a garden I can grow to save money, internet cafe and grocery right around the corner... etc. God is good, always was, always will be. To him be the glory and praise.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds so wonderful. I can't wait to visit. Dec 22. :-)I'm glad everything is going so well. God is our provider our help and our protector. Awesome. Thanks for blogging. Love to read it. Love you all and miss you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you my dear..praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete